Uncontested probate matters are dealt with by Iain Robson who is a partner in the Firm. Iain qualified as a solicitor in 2000 and became a partner in 2004. He is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
Administration of Estate includes obtaining the Grant, collecting assets and distribution of assets.
Our charges in the administration of Estates varies depending on the value of the estate and is based on 0.5% of the value of new property and 1% on the value of the remainder of the Estate plus VAT.
There are also likely to be disbursements to pay. Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties. Typical disbursements in the administration of Estates include:-
- Probate Application Fee : £155.00 plus 50p for each Office Copy Entry.
- Swearing of the Executors Oath: £7.00 per Executor.
- Bankruptcy Only Land Charges Department Searches: £2.00 per beneficiary.
- Post in the London Gazette (to protect against unexpected claims from unknown creditors): approximately £71.00 plus VAT.
- Post in Local Newspaper (this also helps to protect against unexpected claims): approximately £230.00.
Some Estates take longer than others to administer depending on complexity and the number of assets, but you should expect the estate to be fully dealt with within 6 to 12 months.